Pesquisar este blog

domingo, 30 de outubro de 2011

"THE MAID ASKED FOR A RAISE"...

The maid asked for a pay raise. [A empregada pediu aumento.]

Madam [A patroa] was very upset about this and asked

: “Now Maria, why do you want an increase? [por que você quer um aumento?]”

Maria: “Well madam, there are three reasons why I want an increase. The first is that, I iron better than you

Madam: “Who said you iron better than me?”

Maria: “The master said so.” [Foi o patrão; O patrão disse (lit.)]

Madam: “Ohhh!”

Maria: “The second reason is that I am a better cook than you.”

Madam: “Nonsense, who said you were a better cook than I?”

Maria: “The master did [Foi o patrão], madam.”

Maria: “My third reason is that I am a better lover . than you.”

Madam (very upset [muito irritada] now): “Did the master say so as well?”

Maria: “No madam, the driver did.”

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário